39 weeks, has it really been that long? Just doesn't seem like it - but time is quickly approaching! Over the weekend BGT started to make us think that she was getting ready to join us but my contractions went away after a couple of hours each time. We continue to get things ready for BGT around the house and even got a new laptop over the weekend so we can share pictures from the hospital (well, we needed a new computer anyway but this was a great excuse to get it now!).
Our Dr. appointment today went really well. Dr. Curry said that she is no longer floating and is "locked and loaded," ready to meet everyone! I was dilated to 2 cm today and 90% effaced so we made quite a bit of progress from last week. Although it is hard to tell, Dr. Curry thought that I could go anytime within the next week. Since the induce date is set for the 20th, we know her arrival isn't too far off at this point - CRAZY! My blood pressure continues to be low, which is great, at 106/62 and BGT's heartrate was strong at 144 bpm today. All is well!
Here are a few fun facts about week 39: BGT is waiting to greet the world! She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, but it's likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, about the size of a watermelon. The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
BGT's Grammy will be back in Clinton Friday afternoon around 2 p.m., so any time after that will be great! Actually, I'm getting my hair cut at 4 p.m., so right after that would be perfect (ha ha). Glad I decided to go ahead and attend the Supervisor Conference for work here at Tan-Tar-A - I need to wear a big sign around my neck - No, no baby yet! Everyone keeps asking. She'll join us here in our world when she is ready, but we are sure it won't be long now. I found a few cute things at the children's stores here at the outlet mall, but I didn't do too much damage. You guys are so prepared for the arrival of your precious little bundle of joy - right down to a new laptop for pictures. The parents who think of everything! The countdown is on.
Post a Comment