Friday I headed to Goddard to get everything ready for Peyton to start school on Monday. Although I'm a little anxious to take her tomorrow, I know in the long run it will be a great place for her to be! She'll learn a ton and make all kinds of new friends.
We've had a great relaxing weekend. Peyton didn't get out at all this weekend since winter decided to come back for the weekend but we enjoyed the family time at home! Peyton also enjoyed Grandma & Grandpa Todd stopping by for a visit on Sunday afternoon!
For many reasons, I can't wait for warmer weather to get here, but most of all I can't wait for it to get warmer so that Peyton can go without wearing pants. I swear that she is happiest when she can kick her legs all around without her pants getting in the way! I had to write a note about Peyton's daily routine for daycare so at the end I added that when she's upset, taking her pants off almost always makes her happy! We'll see if it works for them or not, but my guess is it will.
1 comment:
The days I stayed with Peyton, I never took off her pants to make her happy, but when changing her diaper or clothes, she was definitely a happy camper with those pants off - and we tended to drag out the process for her to enjoy kicking her legs - the look on her face while she is feeling her freedom with her pants off is priceless! She should be deliriously happy when summer arrives and she gets to wear dresses! Good idea to put that on her list for Goddard - that is a very simple way to make little Peyton enjoy herself! I'm sure Peyton will adjust very quickly to the teachers and routines of Goddard and will be very content there - it sounds like you found a wonderful learning opportunity for our precious Peyton - you are such good parents. Mommy and Daddy will probably have a harder time adjusting than Peyton - have faith that you have made the best decisions for Peyton and for your family. Maybe they will have a Rockin' Elmo there which will make her very happy too. She is so funny when she watches him sing. Glad she is enjoying her crib toy and entertaining herself some - she is growing up! Grandpa and I are anxious to hear a report from her first day at school! Be sure to take pictures! Everyone at church thought her 3 month pictures were gorgeous!
Post a Comment