Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Weekend Update

So I was pretty nervous about the time change, wondering if it would throw Peyton off of her pretty well developed sleeping schedule. I'm very happy to report, however, that she never missed a beat! She did sleep until about 7 on Sunday (which felt like 6 to her) and was a little fussier than normal during the day on Sunday but otherwise has adjusted without a hitch!

On Sunday, Grammy & Grandpa Arthur and Great-Grandma Mintun came up for a visit. Peyton was a little fussy when they first got there but after a relaxing nap on Grandpa's stomach she was ready to play! We had a great time! Peyton even showed her visitors a few tricks on her new jumperoo and how she likes to grab her feet (well, her left foot anyway - she hasn't quite discovered her right foot yet...). Thanks for coming to visit!! Sunday night she headed to bed at her normal 8:00 time and I had to wake her up the next morning to get ready for school! Her first day back to school went well - she ate better than usual and napped really well too. She really seems to love school, which makes it so much easier to take her every morning! :)

I was offered a new job at Sprint late last week which was very exciting! I'm getting a great new opportunity to expand my skill set and am also now sure that I will not be impacted by the current round of layoffs that is going on - quite a relief for our family as my old group was to be impacted by as much as 80%.

Otherwise, things are pretty quiet around the Todd household. Chad got to enjoy a round of golf on Sunday and I believe had his best score ever! We have a pretty quiet week this week but are looking forward to our nephew Wyatt's 8th Birthday Party on Sunday - should be fun!!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Peyton is such a joy! We had a great time visiting on Sunday - watching her discover new ways to use her hands, holding her toys, etc. is so amazing - and watching her grab her left foot with her left hand was a hoot! She is so healthy and so happy - we are all so blessed to have her in our lives. Congratulations on your new job Amanda - we are happy for you too! I guess we should also congratulate the Dad on his great golf score on Sunday. Kuddos all around!

lifewithleonard said...

What? No photos?