Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Peyton's First Spa Experience

Since my last post on Friday night, the Todd's have had a very interesting few days! Friday night Peyton woke-up about 2 AM and could only fall back asleep if I was rocking her and holding her upright since she was so congested. By Saturday morning, all three of us were very under the weather and Chad & I were taking shifts trying to take care of Peyton since neither of us felt tops. We made it through Saturday and Saturday night we continued taking shifts holding and rocking Peyton so at least she could get some sleep. We both got a little sleep during our "off" time and felt a little better on Sunday. Peyton has been such a trooper through the whole thing and even when she isn't feeling so hot she will sneak a few smiles in here and there. Now that it is Tuesday we are all on the mend and feeling a little better each day. Peyton was able to sleep in her crib again beginning Sunday night and I think all of us, including Peyton, have slept better since she is back in her crib. I can very much say that teamwork was key to us making it through the weekend!

We have continued with the steam room treatment for Peyton in the evenings since she is still a little congested. Tonight I even treated her to a mini-manicure by filing her nails while we sat in the steam - her very first spa experience! :) I absolutely hate to clip her nails so someone had suggested I file them instead so I thought I'd give it a try. It is definitely more time consuming but much more relaxing for me than stressing out about accidentally cutting her again using the nail clippers.

We also had our first Parents as Teachers (PAT) visit this week. What an amazing program. I think it totally depends on your parent educator how much you can get out of it but ours was awesome! She spent almost an hour and a half here playing and talking with Peyton and with me about things she is doing well and things we should start working on as she continues to develop. She was quite impressed with Peyton's sleeping habits, how she can roll, grab her feet, following objects & people, etc. and thought she was right on track with where she needed to be - yeah! I highly suggest that everyone try the program, especially since it is a free service. We signed-up when I was about 5 months pregnant and just got assigned an educator so it is in very high demand up here.

All-in-all, we are doing great and keeping busy! It amazes me how fast the evenings to by. At least we are almost to hump-day which means we are that much closer to another weekend!!! :)

No comments: