On Monday, Peyton finally mastered a new trick! For several days before she was trying to roll from her back to her stomach but usually only managed to get up onto her side. Sometimes she would even just hang-out on her side for a while but couldn't quite get her weight shifted. Well, on Monday, after fully wetting through her outfit, Grammy was in the process of changing her out of her wet clothes and when she was naked, she flipped! I guess those darned clothes just kept getting in the way! We still haven't seen this new milestone yet but hopefully she will show off for us soon!!
Peyton enjoyed the early part of this week with Grammy - thanks Grammy for coming to visit and for taking care of Peyton. Peyton is now looking forward to spending the next two days with Daddy before she starts daycare on Monday.
Here are a couple of new pics - she is quite a ham for the camera! :)
2 comments:
Glad you found time to update the blog! I continue to be amazed how Peyton can look like both her mother and father in the same photo!
What a joy to have the opportunity to stay with Peyton a few days while she awaited her spot at the Goddard School. Although we had a fantastic time, her face lit up every evening when her Mommy and Daddy returned from work. Peyton was quite proud of herself and a little surprised I think (as was Grammy) when she rolled on over - neither one of us was really expecting it - and then she did it again! I'm sure she will do it again soon for her Mommy and Daddy - she is probably thinking, "Why roll over again - I know I can do it now?" ha ha It was back to work today with no Peyton - bummer. I took her 3 month pictures with me though and was so very proud as everyone told me how beautiful she was - what a pretty complexion she has - etc. - all I could do was agree - peach is definitely a good color on her. I went to a meeting in Hermitage this afternoon and when asked if I had any new pictures of Peyton, I whipped out a big one - they were astounded that I had a big one with me - they too thought she is gorgeous. I am experiencing withdrawals from both Peyton and Amanda, but I have so many happy memories from the first three months of Peyton's life that I will always hold dear - and now, we get to make more memories. We are all truly blessed that Peyton is healthy and is a happy baby. Grammy and Grandpa are available to stay with Peyton anytime, and Clinton is not very far away (hint, hint).
Post a Comment