Today was my first day back at work and it went pretty well considering I had to go back to work! Last night Grammy came-up so that she would be here to watch Peyton today and tomorrow. I got up around 5:45, we got Peyton up around 6:30 and we were all ready to walk out the door at 7:05. It was nice that we didn't have to do the daycare thing this first day but I was quite proud that we were ready to head-out so early.
Peyton had a great day today with Grammy but was still excited to see Mommy & Daddy when we got home tonight. We were very happy to come home to a happy, sleeping baby. Thanks Grammy for coming up to spend the day with Peyton! After a fun evening of playing, Peyton went down for the night at her normal time of about 8:15.
Here are an updated pic of Peyton...
2 comments:
It was indeed my privilege and my pleasure to be in Olathe on transition day back to work for the new Mommy and to get to hang out with Peyton for two days! Peyton is my first - and only - grandchild - but I must say that she is the most wonderful baby! We had soooo much fun! She did many cute things - one of the cutest was when she found her pant leg - she was fascinated by it! She doesn't hold on to things much yet, however, she would grab that pant leg and pull it up and just look and look at it. When she laughed out loud, I wasn't sure what I heard - then I heard it a second time and saw her doing it that time. Amanda said she had laughed out loud the day before too - priceless. The first bottle was a little challenging, but she pretty much has the hang of it now. Of course, she still prefers the direct approach from her Mommy! And, Mommy is much faster with the supply and demand ha ha. Little Peyton holds my thumb with her right hand and my 3rd finger or my pointer with her left hand while taking her bottle - melts my heart.
While I'm bragging, I must say that Amanda looked absolutely fabulous on her first day back to work - simply stunning. If you didn't know she had a baby 12 weeks ago, you would never be able to tell (except for the glow about her because she is so proud of Peyton). Peyton was all smiles for Mommy and Daddy when they returned from work and was certainly happy they were home. I continue to be totally smitten by my adorable, sweet little granddaughter - being a Grammy is the best thing ever! What a blessing she is to all of us. My love for her grows each and every day.
I like the new set up of the blog.
Post a Comment