Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Weekend Update

We had a great weekend last weekend. After the Royals game we headed down to Clinton arriving late in the evening. Peyton went straight to bed and we all woke-up ready to go on Saturday morning. Grandpa & Daddy played a round of golf in the morning while Grammy & I took Peyton to the Henry County Baby Show. Check out the Baby Show post for the exciting results! :) After the baby show, Peyton & I went to the Class of 1999 Kids Playdate and had a great time! Peyton played with a few of the kiddos but mostly just took everything in. She did a great job and I enjoyed meeting some of my classmates kids!

After the playdate we had lunch with Great Grandma & Great Grandpa Mintun and then headed back to Grammy & Grandpa's where Great Grandma Arthur, Great Uncle Merle, Great Aunt Debbie and Cousin Emily stopped by for a visit. Peyton entertained everyone with all of her smiles, pulling-up and of course her crawling! After all of the visiting Peyton crashed hard and took a 2+ hour nap.

Later on Saturday evening Peyton went to visit Grandpa at the Big Band show with Grammy while Chad & I got ready for my class reunion. We had a great time at the class reunion and stayed out pretty late for us. It was fun to visit with many people I haven't heard from or talked to in 10 years - kind of crazy! I remember thinking 10 years was an eternity but looking back I can't believe how fast it has gone by!

Sunday morning Chad & my Dad played in a golf tournament early (which was a little rough on Chad having stayed up late) and they had a great time. We were planning on heading to church Sunday morning but Peyton & I were exhausted so we opted to nap at Great Grandma Mintun's instead. Needless to say, GG Mintun wasn't disappointed at all with the opportunity to rock Peyton while she slept! :)

After lunch and another visit with Grammy & Grandpa the Todd's headed toward home. Whew!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

It was a full weekend, and we enjoyed EVERY MINUTE!!!! Peyton is so much fun now with her crawling and pulling up - watching her "figuring out" how she can pull up on something is awesome. And, watching her being oernery while she is racing to get to the dog bowls is hilarious. We had so much fun playing, visiting with family and friends, going to the Baby Show and having her all to ourselves while the parents attended the class reunion. One of our best weekends ever! Come back soon and often.