So I normally only post on our weekly happenings but tonight I had a conversation with Garrison that I was just too afraid I would forget if I wait until the weekly post.
G: Hey, there's an "H" like Hadley - I'm going to marry her!
M: Oh really, why are you going to marry Hadley?
G: Well, she's my friend and is nice and she tells me she is going to marry me.
M: Hmm...
G: She follows me around sometimes and says "I'm gonna marry you, I'm gonna marry you" - I think I will marry her some day but she must want to marry me right now!
M: Ok....
G: But we can't get married right now.
M: That's probably a good idea to wait - why do you think you can't get married right now though?
G: Because I don't have a ring to give her, we are really young still and I'm not ready to kiss and things yet!
M: (insert shock)
M: Those all sound like excellent reasons to wait. Maybe someday!
G: Maybe someday. Good night, Mommy! Love you!
M: Love you too buddy!
If only I had a way to video tape that conversation to replay it for him when he is old enough to really get married!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He is something - such a deep thinker!
Post a Comment