Friday, August 29, 2014

Weekly Happenings - 8/18 - 8/24

1.  This week marked Peyton's first 5-day school week and she did great!  She also got to bring home her first library book this week, "One Last Sheep" and she thought she was pretty hot stuff!  We read it several times and reminded us that she would need to take it back the following week.  Peyton seems to have gotten the swing of school - getting there and back on the daycare van, choosing to take or buy her lunch, taking her folder back and forth and doing so well on all of her work!  

2.  On Friday, I took a 1/2 day off and had the chance to visit my friend Marla up in Des Moines for a last minute girls weekend!  It was awesome!  We went to a charity event for their Science Center on Friday night, spent Saturday getting Hot Stone massages & pedicures, doing a little shopping and finishing the day with dinner at an awesome restaurant, D'Jango and going to Evita!  Marla even introduced me to Pho at a local Vietnamese restaurant.  Early on Sunday, I packed up to head home and see my family but I had a nice fun getaway with a great friend!!


3.  While Mom was away, the kids & Daddy - well, they did play!  On Friday, Daddy hit a big milestone - he introduced the kids to Star Wars!  Both really liked it - Garrison had a ton of questions apparently and Peyton enjoyed it until she fell asleep!  On Saturday, the started their day with breakfast at McDonald's and then ventured on a trip to Grandma & Grandpa's!  They had a great time playing outside, picking a watermelon (that we are pretty sure weighs more than Garrison), playing with their cousins and checking out the festival that was in town!  They loved the parade (I mean, there's candy involved!) and had fun on several of the carnival rides.  Even Nana & Papa came out for the parade.  After a long, fun, day they were on their way back home and Peyton took a nap!  Sunday was a bit quieter with a slow morning start and by the time I got home, everyone was ready to go out for a yummy lunch together! 







1 comment:

Grammy said...

We are so proud of how Peyton has embraced kindergarten. Way to go Peyt!

Sounds like a fun time in Iowa.

I think Peyton and Garrison should have a booth named after them in the piano room of the McDonalds. I know we have had many fun meals in there. Peyton loves the "private" bathroom in there.

Gotta love a parade - and the candy! What a watermelon!

Nice Jake pose Big G!

Love you all.