Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekly Happenings - 8/20 - 8/26

1.  So Garrison still has his morning bottle (yes, I know he probably should be giving it up...) and he loves it!  Although he still prefers to cuddle with his bottle in the morning, on Saturday morning he decided he wanted to finish his bottle on his own - what a big boy!

2.  Garrison has really started to enjoy playing the iPad, especially the Mickey Mouse Road Rally app - I never thought we would have to institute taking turns with the iPad between our 1 & 3 year olds!  He looks like he takes his "work" pretty seriously, right?

3.  When I asked Peyton what she wanted to do this year (for her "first day of preschool" interview), she said she wanted to play in the rain.  So Saturday afternoon that is just what we did - Peyton LOVED playing in the rain and got quite good at making huge splashes in the puddles we were able to find.  I love this action shot!

4.  Saturday afternoon, Uncle Landen & Whitney came by for a visit.  Peyton & Whitney ran all around the house playing with their babies and a little bit of dress-up.  Those girls know how to have a good time!

Later we met-up with the Mayberrys for dinner and a swim at their hotel once they got into town for Morgan's baptism.  I am so very thankful that no matter how long it has been, Peyton & Evan pick-up right where they left off - they are such great friends!  The kids swam until their hearts were content then we enjoyed a tasty Oklahoma Joe's dinner before heading home.  Then, once the kids were in bed, we had a chance to catch-up with our dear friends Kip & Marla over a glass of wine and some of Marla's famous chocolate chip cookies!  We had a great evening and were reminded how much we miss having them closer!

5.  On Sunday, we were honored to be Morgan's Godparents as she was baptized into the church.  We all celebrated mass together before the baptismal ceremony and hosted a reception for many of the Mayberry family members & friends afterwards.  Peyton & Evan, of course, were glued at the hip.  I love the picture of our families together with Father Bill after the baptism!  Peyton was also excited to get to play with her new friend Mia after church - she was quite an excellent host to all of the kiddos!



1 comment:

Grammy said...

What a memorable weekend - the pictures are all great. Garrison loves his bottle, and I think it is great he still gets to have one a day - Grammy love. He looks quite serious playing with the I-Pad - geez - another grandchild who will know more about it than we do! Peyton playing in the rain is so sweet - glad her golloshes still fit! I'll bet she had a great time. The pics of Evan and Peyton are awesome. Peyton looks adorable in her yellow Sunday dress. Good baptism pic too - nice for the friends to get together.