1. I have to start off this week's post with a funny Peyton story - Recently, the cicadas (or locusts) have been very loud in the evenings when Peyton is trying to go to sleep. When she has asked what is making that sound, I started telling her the cicadas were talking to each other and that they are awake while we sleep. Peyton now affectionately refers to them as the "quesadillas." It is HILARIOUS! We now give her a hard time that when we hear them even if it isn't bedtime that she must need to go to sleep if the cicadas are talking!
2. Our house is now officially on the market - YAY! Now that we have our house "show ready," things aren't quite as crazy as they have been, thank goodness! We have had a few showings so far and hoping for our home to sell quickly.
3. Since the house recently went on the market and we were hoping for several showings and had scheduled an open house for Sunday, the kids & I went down to Clinton for the weekend and Daddy stayed at home to keep-up with the house and play some golf! On Saturday, we took a day-trip down to Uncle Mark & Aunt Mary's place at the lake to celebrate all of the family summer birthdays! After a tasty fish lunch we enjoyed a dip in the pool. We were very lucky to have the pool completely to ourselves - Peyton showed us how she has been putting her face in the water and Garrison loved splashing around. We had a relaxing Sunday before heading home late in the afternoon. Check-out Peyton painting Grammy's toes below. Although they were a bit messy, I must admit she did a pretty darn good job for a 3 year old!
4. Although technically Garrison's 1-year check-up was today I'm afraid I will forget to put his stats in next week's post so here they are -
Weight - 20 lbs 9 oz - 45%
Height - 30.5" - 80% (not sure where his "tall" gene is coming from!)
Head Circumference - 75%
Our growing boy is doing great and was very brave for his 3 shots!
1 comment:
We had a blast all weekend. Peyton is so serious when talking about the "quesadillas" (cicadas) -it was all I could do to keep a straight face! The birthday celebration at Mark and Mary's was great - nice to see Tom too before he heads back to MU. Peyton is so helpful in the kitchen and enjoys doing things "all by myself". We baked cookies, she stirred the tea, helped clear the table and served desserts, loves filling glasses with water from the refrigerator - so much for a 3 year old to learn, and she does a great job. Garrison is so sweet - Grammy is going to miss giving him his bottle and cuddle time. Grandpa thought I should embrace my toe polish (Peyton) and wear as was, but I felt my co-workers might call for the coroner, so I opted to clean them up a bit. Peyton had such a great time polishing them for me, and she did a fantastic job for a 3 year old - we both loved it! She let me do hers, so they looked pretty good.
Post a Comment