Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weekly Happenings - 5/7 - 5/13

1.  Since Mother's Day was quickly approaching, the kids & I took on a special project for Grammy, Grandma & the Great-Grandmas - footprint/handprint flowers and bees on handtowels.  Peyton LOVED our project and did a great job listening and helping create our special gifts for all of the grandmas!  Check-out my artist at work and our finished product!


2.  On Friday, the kids' school hosted a Muffins with Mom breakfast.  I was privileged to have a delicious blueberry muffin with my favorite little girl - she even let me take a picture with her before I headed off to work.  What a great way to start the day!!

3.  And these next two pictures are a couple of my recent favorites.  Peyton has been helping me keep my flowers watered this year and she is doing a great job!  Last night she even turned on the water, managed the hose, watered all of the flowers out back and turned the water off - all by herself.  What a big girl!!  And check-out Mr. Garrison in his shades below. :)  He doesn't fight wearing his sunglasses and since Peyton has never been a fan we are trying to get him used to them early on!  I am so glad both kids love being outside - our weather has been gorgeous so far this Spring!!





4.  We had a BIG day on Saturday!!  Daddy's morning started off early as he and Patrick headed out to play a round of golf to celebrate Patrick's birthday - sounds like a great way to celebrate to me!  Luckily, the kids didn't wake up when he left and were able to sleep in a bit (meaning beyond 6:00!) before we started our day. 

In the morning, Grammy & Grandma Mintun came up to visit us!  Peyton was excited to give them their towels for Mother's Day and then quickly asked them to play a game of Hello Kitty Bingo - her new favorite game!  The kids weren't even out of the jammies yet!  Later on we headed out to get Peyton's hair cut (she did GREAT!), made a quick stop for a little shoe shopping (Peyton found some adorable Hello Kitty shoes and Garrison picked-up his first pair of Pumas!) and for a tasty lunch at Olive Garden, one of all of our favorites!  After a busy morning we wrapped-up our visit with Grammy & Grandma with some playtime outside.

Next up was a birthday party for one of our neighborhood friends.  Garrison stayed at home and kept Grammy & Grandma Mintun entertained while Peyton & I partied it up at Zonkers!  This was our first trip there and she had a blast!  She rode two roller coasters (see one pic below), the train, carousel, climbed all over the obstacle course and of course enjoyed yummy cake with her friends!  We were so busy we didn't even get a chance to use our game tokens - guess we will have to return sometime soon!

After the party we met-up with Grandma & Grandpa Todd who had arrived while we were gone.  After Peyton gave Grandma her towel and wished her a Happy Mother's Day we loaded up and headed to dinner at Pizza Shoppe - yum - and then on to Peachwave for ice cream - yum, yum!!  Even though our bellies were full, Peyton was excited to get back home to run off even more energy (where does she find it??) with Grandma & Grandpa in the back yard.  Have I mentioned Peyton loves to be outside?





 

5.  Sunday was a much more relaxed day that included lots of family fun!!  Peyton went shopping with Daddy for my Mother's Day gift the previous Thursday and Daddy told her she shouldn't tell me what they got - that it was a surprise for Mother's Day.  It was absolutely killing her to keep it in and every day she would tell me, "Mommy I can't tell you what we got you - it's a surprise."  So cute!  So on Sunday morning as soon as she woke up she asked me what day it was and I told her Sunday - she asked, "Is it Mother's Day?"  and when I told her yes she quickly said, "Mommy, we got you books for Mother's Day!"  She just couldn't hold it in any longer!  Of course, later when I opened their gift I was surprised and told her how much I loved what she had picked out.  We read the books together right away - a special Mother's Day treat!!  I feel so very blessed every day to have such loving, thoughtful, healthy, special children - I am one lucky Mommy!!

We spent the day hanging around as a family, enjoyed Chipotle for lunch (one of my all-time favorites!), I was able to have a 90-minute massage (can anyone say awesome?!!), we played outside and finished-up our day with ice cream from Dairy Queen - yummy!!  A perfect Mother's Day if you ask me! :)

6.  While we were playing outside one night and Daddy was swinging a golf club, Peyton asked if she could play too so Daddy helped her get her clubs out and her glove on.  This Daddy/Daughter moment was priceless.  Peyton is getting very good at holding the club and swinging to hit the ball - a golfer in the making?!?!

7.  One morning I just couldn't resist capturing Daddy with his two favorite little people!  Love this picture!

8.  And last but not least, the kids had their pictures taken at school a couple of weeks ago and we got to pick them up last week.  Here is the collage they created - love it!!

9.  Milestone:  Garrison is now quite good at giving high-fives and is starting to wave!

10.  Milestone:  Garrison has decided he prefers finger foods to baby food.  He can't quite get the food to his mouth himself yet (his pincher grasp isn't quite there) but loves eating what we are eating now!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Lots of family memories and great pictures to capture the moments.
Great Grandma Mintun and I love our towels and have them proudly displayed in our kitchens. One of the best gifts I have ever received - love it!!!! Looks like the process was fun for all - outside on the grass was a good idea.
We had a fantastic time visiting on Saturday - from the Hello Kitty Bingo to the hair cut place to shoe shopping to Olive Garden to staying with Garrison while you girls partied - it was a great day. Peyton certainly does love playing outside and is quite proud of helping take care of the flowers. Baby Garrison is such a joy - all smiles and sloppy kisses - warms his Grammy's heart.
Peyton was having a hard time keeping in what she was getting "Mom" for Mother's Day - I'm sure she was glad it finally arrived.
So nice that you had lots of grandparent visitors on Saturday - family memories are priceless. Glad you had some relaxation time on "your" Mother's Day on Sunday - sounds like Chad and the kids showed you a good time all day - Chipolte and Dairy Queen - can't beat it!
We are blessed.

Grammy said...

What a great picture of the proud Daddy and his kiddies. They love both of you so much!