Sunday, May 11, 2014

Weekly Happenings - 5/5 - 5/11

1.  Friday was one of my favorite days!  The start of celebrating Mother's Day! :)  My morning started with Muffins with Mom with my two favorite little people.  I got to enjoy breakfast with them and their friends - it is always so fun seeing them in their own environment!  After breakfast, Grammy met me at home and we spent our 2nd or 3rd year of celebrating Mother's Day with a day of fun, lunch and shopping!  We marked several things off of our to-do lists, had fun shopping, had a tasty lunch at Olive Garden and even got Grammy a new laptop!  It was a great way to spend the day and I had such a wonderful time celebrating the best Mom a girl could ever hope for, one who set such an amazing example for me and helps me be the Mom I am today!

2.  Since Grammy was in town, we picked the kiddos up from school a little early.  Of course, they were excited to see Grammy!  We played outside and Grammy treated them to McDonald's, their favorite!  The fun continued on Saturday morning with lots of game playing and outside play while Daddy & I worked on the yard and I snuck away for a massage and facial.  After pizza for lunch, Grammy had to head home but we had a super fun visit!



3.  Sunday was awesome, completely wonderful.  I am so very blessed to be Peyton & Garrison's Mommy!  And today was the day I got to celebrate this special job I have been entrusted with!  The day started off great when I was able to sleep-in, thanks to Daddy getting up with the kids when they woke up (early as usual!).  We had a relaxing morning, enjoyed our favorite coffee and then got ready for a fancy brunch!  The kids were (mostly) excited to get dressed up and were on their absolute best behavior at brunch.  Brunch was amazing and I was able to wear several of the fun new jewelry Peyton picked out for me - so cute!  We spent the rest of the day relaxing at home and having fun as a family - the best activity?  Playing pirates and painting their pirate ship (the sidewalk) with water.  It was hilarious listening to their imaginative play, especially Garrison calling Peyton "pirate Peyton" and both of them saying "matey"!  A big thank you to Chad for helping the kids make my Mother's Day so very special!!

Short and sweet for the week but it was a great one!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Priceless Mother's Day memories. We are blessed.