Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Weekly Happenings - 6/4 - 6/11

Oops!  I'm not sure how I left this out last week but something big happened for Chad & I on 6/1 - we celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary. I can't believe how quickly 10 years has gone by and how much has changed in that time but am thankful every day for my husband and our relationship that has gotten us to this point. I am truly blessed to have him in my life and can't imagine sharing this journey with anyone else!
On to this week!
1.  This week Peyton started gymnastics.  Although Peyton enjoys dance we thought it was a good idea to have her try-out gymnastics to figure out what she wants to do next year.  Always hard to tell in the first week or two but so far she LOVES it!!  As soon as her teacher announced her class was about to start she quickly went and got in line and listened so well throughout class.  To end class they even get to jump on a huge trampoline into a big block pit - it was great!  I'm so excited that she had a good time and can't wait to go back!


2.  Peyton is the star student this week - some of her favorites include:  What does she want to be - Mommy!; Movie - The Lion King; Song - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star; Toy - Pillow Pet; Activity - Climbing; Color - Pink; Fun Fact - Peyton LOVES to make Garrison laugh.  We are so proud of Peyton!!

3.  Over the weekend, Chad & I went down to the lake to finish-up our scuba diving training which was great!  After we got the kiddos set-up at Grammy & Grandpa's (more on that soon!) we headed down to the lake.  On our way, since we were a little early, we stopped by the Missouri State campus for a quick visit to the bookstore and to walk around a bit.  It is always fun to see how things change on campus and how many new buildings have gone up since we graduated!  When we arrived at the lake we started our weekend off with dinner on the houseboat we would be staying on at a dockside restaurant - it was great!  On Saturday we did our first couple of dives - the first one was a little nerve wrecking for me but I made it through - Chad did great!  The second dive was a bit tougher as the spot we were in had very little visibility (I'm talking 6" at times...).  But the last dive on Sunday was by far the best - we went down about 40 feet and got to see a sunken house boat, it was so cool!  Other treasures we found during our dives included fishing line, a fish hook, beer bottles/cans, small parts off of boats, etc.  Although I'm still a bit nervous about diving I am a TON more comfortable now and am excited to try it again sometime - maybe just in the ocean next time where there is a little more visibility!  We had a great weekend living on the water - something we'd both like to do again sometime! :)  Note:  Next time I need to remember to take some pictures!!

4.  Since we were going to be busy diving, the kids got to spend the weekend at Grammy & Grandpas.  Needless to say, Peyton was excited (and Garrison would have been too if he knew what it meant I'm sure!).  They had a great weekend that included looking for frogs & turtles at the pond across the street, walking to the playground, lots of gardening - picking cucumbers, squash, shelling peas; cooking with Grammy & Grandma, baking a cake for Mommy's birthday, splashing in the pool and they even made it to church Sunday morning!  It was so fun to hear Peyton talk about all they did while we were gone and to hear lots of fun stories.  She was excited to make and wrap a present for my birthday - a picture frame - and help decorate the cake.  The best part was seeing all of the finger swipes on my birthday cake where some little fingers stole a taste (or ten) of the frosting!  Peyton also got to take her first shower - she told us it was like standing in the rain!  Garrison had a great visit as well and slept great which always makes for a happy baby!!  He is still crawling all over the place and interested in anything and everything going on around him!  Also - check-out the picture of Grandpa & Garrison - Peyton had quite a great time with my camera I think - this picture cracked me up!








5.  Although technically this belongs in next week's blog I wanted to go ahead and include it here - Monday was my birthday and my friends Tara & Katy and their kids were planning on going to Worlds of Fun so Peyton & I played hooky and joined them for a day of fun!  We were able to take it easy early in the morning and got to the park right when it opened.  We had a great day riding lots of rides (Peyton is a bit of a dare devil!) and playing with our friends.  Toward the end of the day Peyton wanted to ride the Scrambler but my stomach couldn't quite handle that so Katy rode with her - she loved it!  Then we finished-up our day with the Viking Voyager - one of my favorites!  What a great day with my little girl!



2 comments:

Grammy said...

I know you guys had a great time scuba diving, but I think Grandpa, Grammaw and I had the best deal - 3 days with our special little people! Peyton and Garrison are pure joy, and we had such a great time. Peyton just loves to help - she and Grandpa watered shrubs and flowers both nights, and she was quite into it. She spent lots of time with me in the kitchen and isn't afraid to tackle anything - even wanted to wash dishes! (that will probably change some day). They were both good in church - we were happy our friends were able to see them in person - it had been a few weeks. She loved her shower and wanted to take another one. Garrison took his bath in the kitchen sink - he was less impressed. She ate cucumbers and green peppers - Peyton and Garrison both ate the peas that Peyton and Grammaw shelled. We loved every minute of their visit - it was just too short - we didn't get to everything we wanted to do! We are blessed.

Grammy said...

Peyton looks so cute in her gymnastics leotard - she talked a lot about gymnastics this weekend and showed us her somersaults several times. Glad she likes it.
She is our star student every day! Did she wear her fairy dress up outfit to school? Too funny.
Worlds of Fun was just that, sounds like - lots of fun. That is a giant pixie stick - I never imagined it was THAT big! So glad you girls are keeping up your friendships and your kids are getting to know each other too.