Whew!!!! For some reason the blog must not like me tonight - I had to upload the pictures 5 times before it finally worked...
Since my last post we have been quite busy! On Friday right after work I got home and Chad had pretty much packed-up the vehicle and had Peyton & Apollo ready for our weekend at the lake. Peyton did great on the ride down - had some dinner in the car on the way to Clinton and had a little snooze on the rest of the way to the lake after her back-seat companion at Great Grandma & Great Grandpa Mintun's house. We arrived at my Aunt Mary & Uncle Mark's condo late on Friday where Peyton said a quick hello to Grammy, Grandpa, Great Uncle Mark, Great Aunt Mary & their "puppy" Leonard. Peyton slept great at the condo which I was a little nervous about since she had never slept in a pack 'n' play, especially in the same room as us.
After a good night's sleep, Daddy & Grandpa headed to play a round of golf on the other side of the lake and Grammy, Peyton & I headed to the outlet mall. Peyton was quite a trooper shopping from 9 until almost 1:30! Needless to say she was pretty pooped and slept the whole way back to the condo. Peyton enjoyed some play time at the condo and a quick dip in the heated pool at the condo. This was a much more successful trip to the pool than our first attempt - YEAH - mostly due to the fact that we were the only ones in the pool and she didn't get splashed by any other kiddos running around the pool. We had a great time relaxing in the water!
Shortly after Daddy got back from golfing we headed over to Grandma & Grandpa Todd's lake house for a visit with them as well as Uncle Landen, Aunt April, Wyatt & Whitney. Peyton liked watching Wyatt & Whitney step on their "snap" fireworks and playing with everyone. We even went to Coconuts where Peyton got to see a helicopter take off - she was mesmerized. After our visit we headed back to the condo for dinner and a fireworks show (which Chad & I enjoyed from the hot tub since Peyton was passed out for the night!).
Sunday morning we all got up and around and Chad, my Dad & I headed to a local golf course to chase a little white ball around. After nine holes I dropped off but had a GREAT time enjoying the time on the links. I really think I have caught the golfing bug - I've had a blast playing this year!!! Peyton hung-out with Grammy, Great Aunt Mary and Great Uncle Mark and was refreshed when I got back after catching some Zzzzs. Chad completed the weekend by helping Mark & Mary with a few things around the condo and it was time to head home. We had a quick stop to pick-up Apollo and get Peyton some dinner before making it back to Olathe.
What a great weekend!!!
Peyton entertaining Grammy & Grandpa Arthur in her exersaucer
I'm sure I've forgotten a ton but tried to recap the weekend!!! :)
2 comments:
Peyton entertained us all weekend -what a blessing to get to spend a relaxing weekend at Mark and Mary's condo with Amanda, Chad and Peyton there too! Peyton passed her biggest "shopper in training" event yet - what a good little girl. She was so adaptable to whatever we were doing - smiled while getting her diaper changed in the car and even eating while in her car seat with Grammy feeding her and Momma running into Lowe's! She kept the "men" sitting outside the stores waiting for their wives entertained - they were especially impressed by her little feet on the stroller bar - totally relaxed while we strolled around waiting for Momma to finish in the stores. Grammy's favorite moment was when Peyton was fighting taking a nap in her stroller and immediately fell asleep on my shoulder when I picked her up - one of those ahah! moments for Grammys. Mark and Mary sure enjoyed getting to spend some extended time getting to know Peyton, especially when Peyton stayed home with us while Momma and Daddy were playing golf with Grandpa. We had a ball! Even Lenny, the 115 pound Labradoodle was happy to have Peyton visiting (which was a relief to all of us). Peyton was soooooo cute in her bathing suit - quite the diva -it was great that she had fun at the pool - even when we were splashing around a little and some water splashed on her face - I think the heated pool was the key. She'll get used to it and will be a water baby very soon.
What an awesome time we all had!
Leah loves to put her feet up on that bar too! Cute pics.
Post a Comment